OneShare Health, LLC., based in Irving Texas is a medical cost sharing ministry providing a unique and affordable, ACA-exempt path to healthcare. Our core value is the biblical imperative of giving to and serving others. With industry-leading membership programs and an unparalleled member experience, OneShare Health is passionate about finding ways to fulfill our ministry to members, staff, and other charitable organizations.
The Member Support Specialist is responsible for delivering is responsible for delivering excellence in customer service through the engagement, consultation, and education of members in a fast-paced, in-bound, call center environment. The Member Support Representative receives telephonic inquiries including but not limited to the following: sharing request status and payments, member billing and account information, provider accessibility, and general program and eligibility questions. This critical, member-facing, role handles each call with care, empathy, detail, subject matter expertise and with the ultimate goal of a one-call resolution. The desired result of the Member Support Specialist is to consistently provide an unmatched member experience, delivered in accordance with OneShare's values, internal processes and procedures, and various regulatory requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrates effective, active listening to collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to callers in a professional, empathetic, and compassionate manner
- Assists members in navigating company website and member portal(s) and encourages and reassures them to become educated, empowered, and self-sufficient
- Accurately and expediently resolves issues, finds solutions, and provides information to OneShare Health members and customers
- Effectively and accurately analyzes member and other customer inquiry type to help ensure accurate information and resolution steps
- Accurately documents all provider and member interactions in a timely manner and in accordance with internal policies and procedures
- Meets quality, quantity, and timeliness standards to achieve individual and department performance goals
- Continually meets and exceeds Quality Assurance call audit standards
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) Plus years of inbound call center, customer service experience
- Two (2) Plus years of experience in healthcare or insurance preferred
- Familiarity with databases (AS400) preferred but not required
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multitask
- Demonstrated understanding of medical terminology helpful but not required
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in various Microsoft applications
- Excellence in verbal and written communication skills
EEO: OneShare Health, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.